On April 26 2022, we hosted our 2022 Annual General Meeting. Highlights of our 2022 AGM included:
- Year in Review: Presented by Margaret Whalen, our Year in Review highlighted projects, reports, and events that we have bee involved with over the last year.
- Election of our new board members: We welcomed four new members to the Board of Directors: Gail Francis, Priscilla Bunham Riosa, Pascale Castonguay and Anne Kresta.
- Voting on our suggested name change.
- Guest panel, “Exploring Community Support though Indigenous Perspectives in Alberta.” This panel discussion featured the following presenters:
- Grant Bruno, Chair, father to four amazing children, two of which are on the autism spectrum, and a registered member of Samson Cree Nation
- Dr. Pearl Yellow Old Woman-Healy, member of the Siksika Nation and mother of an adult child with autism
- Stephanie James, mother of a neurodiverse child, Family Support Worker at Autism Calgary
- Janice Pounder, Program Coordinator, Crowsnest Community Support Society
- Amy Quintal, founder of Cohesive Communities, currently completing Indigenous Master of Social Work
- Brandon Rudics, volunteer at Chinook Autism Society, Autism Alberta
- Shino Nakane, Moderator, Provincial Director for Autism Society Alberta, Acting Chair for the Premier’s Council on the Status of Persons with Disabilities, an advisory body for the Government of Alberta.