Position Title:Bilingual Communications and Social Media Specialist
Job Types: Part-time or Full-time, Contract
Salary: $23-$27 an hour
Reports to: Communications Manager
Location: Remote in Canada – Eastern Standard Time work hours generally
Languages: English and French
The Bilingual Communications and Social Media Specialist is responsible for everyday communications for the organization. Working closely with the Communications department, the Specialist will also develop engaging social media content focused on advocacy initiatives, project highlights, participation opportunities, and promotion of initiatives. The Specialist will also collaborate with different departments at the Autism Alliance of Canada to plan, lead, and coordinate participant engagement in various initiatives.
The Specialist will work on a diverse set of activities including, but not limited to:
- Planning, implementing and monitoring all bilingual social media for Autism Alliance of Canada, Ready, Willing & Able & The Inclusive Workplace (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) by:
- Curating content and monitoring analytics;
- Creating accessible graphics;
- Connecting to related materials posted by others, sharing, commenting, informing as needed;
- Employing risk management strategies in crisis communication in a sometimes volatile environment;
- Distributing and catalog communications materials, ensuring consistency, quality and professionalism of content and design to Autism Alliance of Canada’s membership lists, attendees of the Canadian Autism Leadership Summit, board members, government stakeholders, media relations, etc.
- Drafting blog posts for Autism Alliance of Canada’s blog, “In the News.”
- Keeping all web pages, outgoing documents, and presentations templates up-to-date.
- Contributing towards updating Autism Alliance of Canada’s Communication Strategy by following set time frames and anticipated targets/outcomes.
- Coordinating the design, production, translation, and distribution of communications and graphic design products.
- Drafting and proofreading communications products for internal and external audiences
- Assisting members of Communications, Policy and Research departments to create, schedule, post, and monitor social media content.
- Assisting in setting and ensuring key performance indicators (KPIs) are met and creating internal reports on fulfillment of goals.
- Regularly monitoring and analyzing identifying opportunities to strengthen the online presence of Autism Alliance of Canada and Ready, Willing & Able.
- Assisting in the development of content for public engagement opportunities.
Media and Publications
- Assisting the Executive Director and Communications team to create op-ed articles, statements, and press releases.
- Coordinating the development, layout, and design of publications, including reports and outreach materials.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of content and monitoring of Autism Alliance of Canada and Ready, Willing & Able’s websites.
- Assisting with e-mail communications supports, including a bi-monthly newsletter to Autism Alliance of Canada’s 500+ members.
- Assisting with the logistics of focus groups, communities of practice, and committee meetings led by Autism Alliance of Canada and/or its collaborators.
- Performing other communications-related administrative tasks as assigned.
- Languages: Bilingual proficiency in English and French
- Education: Combination of education and/or work/volunteer experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience within non-profit and/or disability sectors, and/or outreach activities.
- Experience supporting an executive team, dealing with a Board of Directors and Corporate Committees, or providing similar senior-level executive support.
- Experience developing and coordinating content for different communications mediums, utilizing content management systems (i.e. social media, e-newsletters, websites, etc).
- Specialized skills and knowledge:
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing, analytic, and presentation skills with a variety of audiences.
- Strong experience preparing reports.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to manage logistics including event calendar, travel, and meeting coordination.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in teams online.
- Strong organizational problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail, dependable, reliable, self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Passion, integrity and energy.
- Strong knowledge of content marketing tactics, digital and social media marketing and web traffic metrics.
- Advanced proficiency with: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, Meetings), Mailchimp, Eventbrite, WordPress, Zoom, CANVA, Hootsuite, and Slack.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, a current resume and a writing sample (e.g. a project, an article, a blog post, etc) to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Autism Alliance of Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We strive towards building an Autistic-inclusive space. We actively encourage applications from individuals on the autism spectrum and from all equity-seeking groups.
We invite you to become a member of Autism Alliance of Canada. As a member, you will become aligned with a coalition of organizations, groups and individuals that has come together to provide a strong collective voice toward a national shared leadership movement. To join, visit: www.autismalliance.ca/about-membership.
About Autism Alliance of Canada
Autism Alliance of Canada is a national alliance working together for the rights of Autistic people and their families. We address priority issues that Autistic persons and their loved ones face across the lifespan. We do this by facilitating dialogue, advancing research, and working with governments to develop and implement a National Autism Strategy.
About Ready, Willing & Able
Ready, Willing, and Able (RWA) is a national employment program jointly supported by Inclusion Canada and Autism Alliance of Canada for persons with an intellectual disability or on the autism spectrum.