CASDA and Inclusion Canada are proud to be partners on the national delivery program, Ready, Willing, and Able (RWA). Funded by the Government of Canada and active in 20 communities across the country, RWA is designed to increase the labour force participation of people on the autism spectrum and/or with an intellectual disability.
In today’s hyper-competitive business environment, the difference between success and failure lies in the talent and diverse skill set of your workforce. In Canada, there are approximately 500,000 working age adults on the spectrum or with intellectual disabilities. This untapped workforce can help address current labour shortages while making businesses stronger, more diverse and more productive.
- Information about why hiring a person on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability is good for business;
- Individualized assistance to help you become a more inclusive employer;
- Disability awareness information for your current employees;
- Direct connections to community agencies who provide employment-related services and supports to persons on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability;
- Individual on-the-job support for the employee to do their job effectively, including disability-related accommodations, if necessary;
- Connections to other employers who have hired individuals on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability;
- Connections to available research, best practice and expertise in the field of inclusive labour markets.
If you are looking for additional resources, you can also visit The Inclusive Workplace, created by Inclusion Canada and CASDA. The Inclusive Workplace aims to support job seekers and employees on the autism spectrum or with an intellectual disability, businesses and employment agencies to build inclusive workplaces. It is for COVID-19 and beyond. The site launched on April 6, 2021. It is supported by the Government of Canada.